Training programs available to foreign nationals

On Behalf of | Apr 17, 2020 | Blog, Immigration |

Foreign nationals who are interested in furthering their careers may be able to take part in training programs held in Texas or other states. Individuals who are seeking to partake in these programs will first need to receive an H-3 visa. To qualify for the visa, an individual must be invited to take part in a training opportunity by the school or organization that is running it.

Furthermore, an individual is not allowed to partake in such a course if a similar one is available in his or her home country. Those who participate in a career advancement program are allowed to take part in any field work that is related to that program. However, an H-3 visa does not allow a person to obtain formal employment in the United States. When the learning opportunity is over, a participant must return home to his or her country of origin.

As part of the visa application process, individuals are required to certify that they have a job offer, an apartment or some other connection to their countries of origin. To qualify for this type of visa, applicants will need to specify how the course would help them in their careers. The number of H-3 visas is typically capped at 50 per year, and those who receive a visa can bring spouses or minor children with them.

The process of obtaining a visa to enter the United States may be a long and complex one. Therefore, it may be best to do so with the help of an immigration law attorney. An attorney may be able to help applicants gather documents or fill out immigration paperwork. Legal representatives may also help individuals learn more about how long their visas last for or who can accompany them to America.