Experienced Immigration Attorneys in Dallas

Visa to work in the United States

If you are planning to come to the United States for a temporary period of time and work legally, this will require you to obtain a non-immigrant visa, permitting you to travel to the U.S. to work, study or business.

The first step is to speak with an experienced attorney, authorized to practice immigration law in Dallas and specialized in handling cases before the immigration agencies.

Reina & Associates are experienced attorneys who provide legal counsel exclusively on immigration law in Dallas and throughout Texas.

Once you have discussed your particular situation and case with the attorney, they will be able to determine the visa category that is right for you and whether this should be applied for in your country of origin or in the United States.

It is also possible to change the status from your present category to a new category.

Every year there is an open season to apply for the H-IB visa, open to applicants worldwide.

The maximum accepted annually is 65,000, unless this number is increased for the next year.

Applicants from all professions and trades; athletes, students, teachers, university professors, different specialties within the medical field, engineers, executives from multi-national businesses, religious workers and exchange visitor visas all fall under this category

There is a serious demand in Texas for specialists in the medical field, for doctors and nurses and in education for teachers.  Every year hundreds of teachers are employed from Spain on a one or two year contract and this cap of 65,000 visas available is filled within the first days of each year,

The difference between a non-immigrant and an immigrant visa is that the non-immigrant (as the name implies) is for a limited period of time. The immigrant visa, indicating lawful permanent residence in the U.S. permits you to work and live indefinitely in this country.

Non Immigrant Visas – Temporary Basis

For workers who enter the U.S. on a temporary basis either with an H-1B, Exchange Visitor or Student Visas for a determined period of time and only for the purpose they were approved. Students who enroll in a 4 year accredited university, college or other academic institution would come under this category.

Permanent Immigrant Visas

Either you must have a job offer from a U.S. employer, specific education and achievements or work experience, religious workers, researchers and professors of outstanding qualifications and foreign investors in a business in the U,S,

Visitors Who Come On Business

You can request a B-1 visa in your native country, to visit the United States to explore the possibility of creating a business or to become part of a company that is already created.

Your immigration attorney will provide you with professional legal advice for your immigrant or non-immigrant visa needs without you having to lose time and money.

When you consult with an immigration attorney it is important that you are able to speak with an actual attorney. No one besides an attorney is able to give you legal advice, even an attorney’s assistant cannot give you legal advice, you must speak with an actual licensed attorney.

You must also be able to understand the attorney. The attorney must either speak a language you understand or have a competent interpreter that will allow you to understand what the attorney is saying.

If you cannot communicate with the attorney they will not be able to provide you safe advice. Never hire an attorney that you have not spoken with.

Speaking with an experienced and skilled immigration attorney is the first step when dealing with any immigration issue.

An experienced attorney authorized to practice immigration law in Dallas, throughout Texas, and in all fifty states can assure that your case moves forward as quickly as possible and is handled correctly.