Green Card Renewal, Permanent Resident

On Behalf of | Feb 27, 2018 | Blog |


Currently a Green Card or Permanent Residence permit must be renewed every 10 years. If the Green Card has expired, has never been renewed or i s about to expire in the next six months, it is important to request renewal.

In the past the green card did not expire so if yours does not have an expiration date, check with USCIS immediately.

How and when to renew my Green Card? If your Green Card has expired or is due to expire in the next 6 months. If the card has been lost, damaged or destroyed. If the card has not been received in the time specified. If a mistake is detected on the card such as information or spelling. If your name has changed.

The renewal can be done over the internet using form I- 60+ . The request for renewal of the Permanent Resident card can also be mailed.

For any questions regarding immigration you can request information to US Citizenship & Immigration Services, USCIS, at one of their offices or contact us.

Have all your immigration information on hand such as name, date of birth, passport number and any other document relevant to your question.

You can keep track of updates on your request for renovation of the Green Card on the USCIS website under “My Case Status”

What to do if my Green Card is denied? 

If your request has been denied you will be informed by mail, explaining the reasons for this denial.  You may present a motion to have your case reopened. When you consult with an immigration attorney it is important that you are able to speak with an actual attorney.

No one besides an attorney is able to give you legal advice, even an attorney’s assistant cannot give you legal advice, you must speak with an actual licensed attorney. You must also be able to understand the attorney.

The attorney must either speak a language you understand or have a competent interpreter that will allow you to understand what the attorney is saying. If you cannot communicate with the attorney they will not be able to provide you safe advice. Never hire an attorney that you have not spoken with.

Speaking with an experienced and skilled immigration attorney is the first step when dealing with any immigration issue. An experienced attorney authorized to practice immigration law in Dallas, throughout Texas, and in all fifty states can assure that your case moves forward as quickly as possible and is handled correctly.