Immigrant Fees Paid on the ELIS

On Behalf of | Aug 1, 2016 | Blog |

The quickest, most convenient way to pay your fee as an immigrant is through ELIS, the electronic system of immigration to the United States. USCIS has simplified the procedure for payment of the Immigrant fees through a new electronic system referred to as ELIS.

This revised system makes the entire immigration process much easier, allow you to create your own account, manage it, and to receive information.

ELIS allows anyone who is requesting a visa or who has a Green Card and is a permanent resident, to electronically submit applications, petitions, or requests and supporting documents, make payments online such as filing fees, biometric services fees, or the USCIS Immigrant Fees.

If you have any doubts, please consult with an attorney before you carry out any of these procedures and understand the benefits of these applications.

This system is more streamlined and easy to handle and reduces the amount of information previously requested from the applicant, simplifying the form of payment and facilitating real-time information about the status of your cases.

If you are a lawful permanent resident, you may use the USCIS Electronic Immigration System to apply for a replacement or renewal of your existing permanent resident card or Green Card. If you are outside the United States, you can make the payment through ELIS and it is recommended that you carry out this transaction as soon as possible, before you depart for the United States,  so that you don’t have problems later.

That is why it is extremely important that you place your case and situation in the hands of an experienced and skilled immigration attorney, with experience handling complicated cases before these agencies and courts. You can verify in the State Bar of Texas website, if an individual is licensed by be State of Texas.

Permanent Residents should use this application to check on any new information, request a new card if yours has been lost or stolen or request a renewal of your Green card.

It will now also be possible for a family member to pay these immigration fees for you; parents, family members or legal representative can pay the required fees as long as they have the immigrant’s case number (issued by USCIS} and your Alien Registration Number or A-Number.

Remember to always include your residential address in the United States. Any change of address while your request is being processed must be informed immediately to USCIS. If 45 days have passed and you do not receive any response, you should contact USCIS or your attorney.

An experienced attorney authorized to practice immigration law in Dallas, and throughout Texas, can assure that your case moves forward as quickly as possible and is handled correctly.